Early last week, John and I worked on cleaning up the tiles. All the extra mortar had to be scrubbed off.
Then after cleaning, the tile needed to be sealed.
Yesterday afternoon, we had childcare for 2 hours in the afternoon. Everything else was ready, so Eli and I decided to start grouting the tile in the kitchen.
2 tile into the project and the grout bag, used to pipe the grout into the cracks, busted open. So we worked quickly, shoving grout into the crack with a trowel. Not as effective or neat, let me tell you.
Also a good thing to note: Grouting a kitchen floor will take more than 2 hours. I ran, picked up the kids, picked up a pizza, and got back to help Eli. For 3 more hours.
But it’s done and is curing today! It looks great so far!!! Up next: the bathroom!!